Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Friday, April 1, 2011

March running reports

March was a busy month for running, and april is shaping up to be twice as intense.

TATUR hosted the annual snake run - (aka running of the snakes) and I chose to volunteer in lieu of running since I had the A2A half marathon the following day.












The fun thing about working aid stations on trail runs is harassing the runners, taking pics, playing with puppies, making sure runners needs are met, and just having a good time. TATUR is known for its aid stations and we tried to uphold that standard. TZ has a great write up over on his blog.

The next day was the A2A marathon and half in Ardmore OK. It was my Dads first real half marathon. The course was fun, the volunteers were GREAT! My only complaint was the wind... Constant 15 -20 mph head wind out of the south on a due south course with gusts around 35mph took its toll on everyone running. The 1st place finisher for the full came in 30minutes slower this year. And people who run like that don't just loose 30 minutes. Here are some pics of the RunnersWorld gang the night before, pre race and post race, enjoy!







All in all it was a really great race - water every mile - friendly volunteers. I highly recommend this race. I didn't PR, but it was still great fun!

This weekend I will be running a 25K - a milestone distance for sure - and it will be my first trail race, I am excited and a little nervous. Wish me luck!

Oh and I just ordered my summer swim suit - so the heat is on to drop 15lbs - I see a gym membership in my future today. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails