Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

training, even on the off days.



Since we are running every other day. I have decided on the off days to work on getting Ruby (my Rottie mix) leash trained. Ultimately I would like Ruby to be my running partner.

Leash training Ruby is no small feat since she is terrified of anything with wheels or a motor (this includes power and cable boxes).



For now we are starting off pretty small. Just one lap around the block. Today was Ruby's first time out with the pinch collar. I am amazed at the difference in it and the choke collar we used last week. All in all this made for a much better mannered pup.

In other exciting running news I got a new pair of running shoes! Asics GT 2150 in white and blue.



What a difference a pair of shoes make! Evidently my old Asics were blown out (shocker huh, they were 3 years old)I no longer have back pain as I am running. I had the fine folks over at Runners World Tulsa custom fit me at no cost. I took many pairs of shoes out for a test drive often with one kind of shoe on each foot, until I found the perfect fit. My perfect fit is Asics, they have a narrow heel and a wide ball of the foot, I am in love. If you have never had running shoes custom fit, go do it. It really does make a difference.



video courtesy of running warehouse

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on finding the perfect shoe. They really do make a world of difference when running.

Unknown said...

I have to agree asics are the most comfortable shoe and I am need of a new pair

Related Posts with Thumbnails