Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

thirty pounds

Thirty pounds, it sounds like so much, and so little.

In one year that is how much weight I have lost - no gimmicks, no fads. Just running.

Granted in comparison to the Biggest looser this loss pails in comparison. But lets look at it like this, one bag of sugar is 4lbs.


I have lost more than 4 of these bad boys. Have you ever tried to carry 7 bags of sugar? It is cumbersome, bulky and tiring. 

This is the first time in my life that I have lost weight with no gimmicks, fads, or diet pills. It feels good to say that I did this - the 'right way'. And I did it on my own (with a little help from my friends). My diet did not change much - cut back on my pepsi addiction, ate more soup and salad and less fried food - but really I never gave up the foods I love. I never stopped drinking beer and wine.. I just have a water with it. All good things are best in moderation right?

Today was Chasin Booty's second 5 mile training run and it was a blast. Our group seems to have rebounded from the holidays nicely and we had a fun run with loads of chatter. Saturday morning runs are always hard for me to drag my self out of bed for but they are always so much fun and I love running with my "Runners World Family" it really is hard to have a bad day with so many awesome people around. Ruby gets to put in her miles on saturdays too and she loves it. Both of us look foward to our Saturday afternoon naps too.

My weight loss goal for the new year is to keep loosing. I would like to loose another 30 the year I turn 30 but who knows if that is in the cards... I would have never guessed that in one years time I would have ran 650 miles - lets see what I can do this trip around the sun.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails