Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines Day Poker Run

Today was the annual Valentines Day Poker Run. Exactly one year ago was the first time I ever pinned a race bib to myself and ran in a organized run. One year ago I could barely make it 2 miles in the 5 mile run. Now look at me... kinda crazy huh?

Most of you know how firmly I believe in volunteering to keep things I love and appreciate up and running. The one thing I remember from last year is how cold it was and how grateful I was to the volunteers who stood on the trail to pass out cards in frigid temps. This year I opted to do just that. I braced myself for the cold and was thrilled when I awoke to discover it was 26F and not going to be all that cold! I had a blast cheering on the runners and hope I was able to help make it a fun run for all. Even the hubbers came out and ran (which is a rare treat).

 (for those of you who don't know, I am married to the one on the left)

Speaking of volunteering the TATUR Mud Run is about to kick off the planning and ground work for the BEST RACE in the state! In order to make it the glorious success it has been in the past we need volunteers. If you are at all interested in joining in on the effort click here. It is a wonderful way to get to know fellow runners and help get new people involved in running.

In any case if you happen to be in Green Country this week get outside, lace up those shoes and put in some miles. It looks like Mother Nature is offering an apology for the mess the last 2 weeks.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails