Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night

Well the Runners World Folk may not be Postal Couriers, but it has been rumored that we are postal...

To further prove this point we set out on a 10 degree run in 21inches of snow Saturday.. We even had a whopping 3 members of Chasin Booty in attendance - only the most insane of Pirate Runners - yarrrrr.

I arrived in what has been deemed "the latest in mad psychopath murderer running gear." Rocking my favorite race skirt and ready to undertake 8 miles on the river. My best running buddy Ruby (my dog - who is doing her best impersonation of Bullet) was also along for the run.

Much as been said of our starting location and perhaps this was deliberate on Brian's part.  We started our run in front of the Tulsa County Mental Health Board... naturally this required a photo.







Around mile 4 I removed the mask to take some fuel and it was too icy to put back on.



The path was not all the way clear and we were forced to turn back at 3.5 miles getting in a total of 7 miles. It was slow going with bathroom breaks and layers as well as almost a solid mile of ice. Over all it was a GREAT run with GREAT friends.

Whats the point in being Crazy if you don't bring it out and show it off occasionally??????





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails