Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Retirement – the shoes, not me.

Well the time came, my trusty Asics GT – 2150’s I got when I started my couch to 5K experience needed to be retired. I promptly popped in at Runners World Tulsa and had my feet refitted for running shoes, I am now the proud owner of a new pair of Asics GT – 2150. Don’t mess with perfection ;-). I tried half a dozen shoes and these still feel best. And yes they are identical.

I am nearing the half way point in my half marathon training and have officially ran further than I ever thought I would want to and still have many miles to add before the Route 66 ½.

This weekend I have 8 miles to run and then the TATUR Mud Run that afternoon. Yes I am running it.


I have been on the 2010 Mud Run Committee from the word go. My elected role – publicity. I am pleased to report we are hitting record numbers for registry. This is very good news for a number of reasons – a) this means I did my job well b) this means we can donate even more to the Tulsa Area Firefighters Burn Camp. This camp is for children injured in fires so that they can attend camp as a child and not a victim.

MY couch to 5K’ers are coming along GREAT! They are faster than me lol! This week we are being spoiled with a slight reprieve from the heat. Who would think that we would be relived and happy to be in the 90F range? As a result my times have begun to slightly improve mind you I am not running a 7 minute mile, but I am out there regularly putting in my miles and being active. This is more than I could say this time last year. I am active. I am a runner. (albeit a back of the packer – but a runner none the less).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails