Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

hotter than hell

Ok, so if you haven’t heard me bitch about this heat quite enough keep reading. Yes I am being serious. It is hot. Not in the Paris Hilton way either. It is hot in the gates of hell and fiery doom way.

Yesterday I took the day off and jumped at the chance to hit the running trails early in the day (read 7AM and it is already in the low 90’s). What trail do I choose, naturally I pick the hilliest one in the state.

Training with the couch to 5K group along the river doesn’t offer much in the way of hills and I needed the practice. I am pleased to report that I was able to maintain the same(ish) pace for the entire 4 miles despite the heat and hills.

Last week I took the plunge in mixing up my ipod’s running playlist with music that I have never really been ‘in to’. The new playlist features Lady Gaga, Uncle Kraker, Rob Zombie, B.o.B. Jay-Z, and Eminem. Definitely not my norm. I did keep some of my fave’s like Foo Fighters, Phoenix, and Fall Out Boy. But freshened things up a bit.

I hopped out onto the trails and began my run, it was fun not having the same playlist that I usually do, I was surprised to find that several of these songs actually pushed me to run harder, granted not faster (thanyouverymuchstupidhills).

Today I am sitting in my lovely air conditioned office dreading looking forward to a nastily hot run in ozone alert conditions – yippie! To tell you the truth the only thing I think I am excited about is the music.

photo taken along the Creek Tpk at 7AM yeah doesn't that just make you want to stay in the A/C?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails