Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Success!

The Mud Run went off smoothly! We had a record number of attendees (over 2,500 participants – who knows how many spectators! ). Few injuries, and no major incidents! It was a blast.

In spite of me saying that there was no way in hell I would ever run the mud run I did it. And I loved it! It was a blast! It was messy, slippery, slimy, wet, and FUN!


The costumes were great – I think my favorite was the Village People. Followed closely by Dr Evil and the Femme Bots! The Dirty Shirley’s were adorable!



village people (-2)

Dr Evil and the Femme Bots

The Dirty Shirleys

My team was the Dirt Devil’s.
Before



After

 The guy who got Race number 666 came up and had his picture taken with us – I call him Mr 666.

The Mud Tanks were my favorite obstacle. Closely followed by the 40’x 60’ slip and slide.



Throughout the run I was a muddy mess! It took 3 showers just to get all the mud out of my hair. I cant wait to do it again!!!

Overall I am really pleased with how the event went – especially since I was on the committee. I am exceptionally pleased with our turnout (and yes I was on the publicity committee so this is a direct reflection of my efforts)!

I cant wait for next year! We learned few lessons, took some mental notes, and promise next year will be bigger and better!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails