Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Monday, August 2, 2010

The battle of the bulge, the battle of indulge(ing).

I love my weekends – I count the days, minutes, and hours to Friday at 5.

During the week I eat ‘good’ mind my caloric intake – replace electrolytes as necessary and in general don’t give my self a pass to eat garbage. I do good.

Fridays are my ‘good weekend day’ light meal, early to bed. I have a 5AM wake time for my Saturday morning run.

Saturday post run is where the ‘suck’ seems to start. If Hubbers did not go running with me he is still slumbering when I get home from my run and hop in the shower. I reason he wont be there much longer I can wait to eat with him – and I wait. Then the morning drags on – gosh I am hungry… A friend calls needing assistance finding ‘the’ new jeans – you know the Jeans that fit just right – since every few years designers change the styles this seems to be a normal event once every two years. Sure I’ll go. Can we stop so I can grab some grub? 2 for one Buffalo Chicken junk foodie items – ok. I will round that out with a diet pop. All is well. I will eat healthy for dinner. Hubbs wakes up. Lets grill! Bratwurst! With Buns! Chips! French Onion Dip! Beer! Carb-o-riffic!

Not to be out done by Saturdays fail on comes Sunday with a very busy Mexican joint! It takes the wait staff a longer time to take orders. They are packed! ‘That’s ok we have never ending chips and salsa!’ Reasonable meal – swimming and mixed drinks with friends. Lets grill! Bratwurst! Chips! Dips! Beer! Carb-tastic!

On comes Monday – weekdays I weigh myself. +5lbs. A.w.e.s.o.m.e.

Recap of the weekend. Oh, I see where I went wrong, I know what I did. No one to blame but myself. No way to undo my mistakes. When I drink I snack. If snacks are handy when I talk, I snack.

I do not have the metabolism of a lab rat on crack. I am not genetically designed to loose weight easily. I have a sturdy frame with curves. I have a body that will gain weight at the drop of a hat.

I know this. I also know that I will likely loose at least half of what I gained over the weekend in the next few days. My point is that if I allow these 5lbs over the weekend to remain the norm I am never ever going to hit my goal of 150lbs.

This entry is serving as a mental slap across the face to wake up and realize what I am doing to myself.

I can attend a bbq and eat what I want –in moderation. Say no to popsicles (unless they are post run). I need to remember to bring some ‘safe’ snacks for me. Carrots are good! Moderation is good! Being healthy is good!

I feel better when I am being healthy and I am proud of myself for being healthy. I can do this!!!

image taken from istockphoto.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails