Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Where have I been?

Yes I am fully aware that I am a bit behind in updates here in the blog-o-sphere.

My couch to 5K group is doing great! As a matter of fact on Saturday they ran a full 3 miles. Three miles may not sound like much until you stop and think this is their third week of training!

Saturday was a bit of a milestone for me as well. I always go out saturday mornings to run with my fellow ComaToes, This Saturday our run was following the start of the route 66 marathon that I am training for (the half, not the full)

Here in Tulsa we are entering the beastly hot phase of the summer. Heat advisory's in full force this week. Of course I will still be out there running - a little slower and even on the week days I will be rockin' the camelbak words don't really even begin to cover how much I love this thing! If I am wearing this I have no need at all of my i-fitness belt or arm band for the ipod (BTW if anyone knows of a ipod nano arm band that doesn't suck shoot me a line - my arm has been severely chewed up by mine). Its GREAT! I usually save it for my long runs of 5+ miles but with heat I really don't want to chance it.

In the next few weeks i will be pretty busy with TATUR in planning, building, and running the 2010 TATUR Mud Run. Not to mention daily training and what not life manages to send my way.

I hope to see many of you out at the Mud Run and hopefully running in it was well! We are hoping that the Mud Run will be the door way to a whole new world of healthy activities for many Tulsans.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails