Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hydrate

Here in Green Country the mercury is rising. I have always been particularly vulnerable to the heat. I don’t know if this is a genetic thing or what. My face flushes easily and I just get h-o-t. I am not much of a sweat machine - which now is beginning to worry me. On days I will be running I push the h2o like crazy. I drink water, propel and lemon aid like it is going out of style. Now we are just beginning to touch the 90F mark and I know that the 100F + days are looming on the horizon.


My afternoon runs are quickly becoming more of a 'trot' than a 'run'. Sister Mary Beth mentioned Salt Tablets as a way to beat the heat. Since that time this is something I have been kicking around and have not yet arrived at a verdict if this is for me. What about you? How do you beat the heat, what tips or tricks can you offer?



image courtsey of the hottest pepper

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails