Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

keep your head up

Today Runners World had yet another motivational speaker to help keep us on the path we are treading. Today's speaker was Miranda Burcham from Press on Fitness (Danny Cahill's personal trainer)

Her delivery was a bit preachy for my tastes (in spite of the fact that I am a christian) but once you got past that she had really good points.The thing I took away from tonight was about the Self-fulfilling prophecy. If I set low expectations of myself then I am likely to achieve them, but no further.

I have been setting goals here lately. Running related goals. Here they are: March St Paddys Day 5K, April Remember the 10 5K, May Full Moon 5K, October Tulsa Zoo 10K, and November Tulsa Run 15K.

Two things to note.

  • First of all the gap in races. If you haven't been to OK in the summer let me tell you it gets DAMN HOT. I overheat easily so I do not yet know how I am going to fare in the summer.
  • Secondly I think I have more than shocked my husband by continuing to train for the 5K. He is more than a little concerned that with me setting such ambitious goals for my self I will not be able to maintain this level of enthusiasm. Then my intrest may fizzle
So, if I do not blog between now and Sat wish me luck. I only have two goals for this run, to finish, and to not finish last. So for now I will keep my head up and looking toward my goals.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails