Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

the break thru

I feel the need to celebrate and share.

This week we ran / walked 3 miles and I feel like I could have gone one more. Now running 3 times weekly with my group is a treat for me that I look forward to each time. It is me time, fun time, and just great. Running is addictive.

Equally exciting is the fact that this week I fit in to a pair of slacks that have not fit in nearly a year. I am still in the 13 / 14 size range but the smaller of this size are fitting now. I am hoping by the end of summer to be at the small end of the 11/12 size range. Maybe I will get lucky and surpass that goal but lets start small.

Speaking of starting small after about a month of regular running I gained 5 pounds. I was majorly annoyed. Super annoyed. Well you get the point. As of this Monday I have lost the additional 5 pounds and this morning I have lost 2 more. At long last I am seeing weight loss. This time with no diet pills or gimmicks. Just good old fashioned effort. I am not going to lie. I have been struggling with not buying the diet pills as I was showing NO numerical improvement (at least by way of the scale). In the past I have tried a variety of weight loss formulas (if it did not contain ephedra I tried it). Some worked, most didn’t. The ones that did work only worked if I was working out religiously. Looking back this leads me to wonder if it was the pills or the working out that really did it.

So at last I have shattered this weight monster. I am down two pounds. Now I cant wait to loose two more. Baby steps on to the bus, but at least the bus is finally here.

1 comment:

Laura said...

You're doing so great!
When I was running, I didn't notice much at first then all of a sudden the pounds dropped off.
Congrats!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails