Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Monday, February 15, 2010

i drank the kool-aid

At this point I have hit the 1/2 way mark in my training for the St Paddys Day run Mar 13.

This past Saturday I participated in the Poker Run. I did just a little shy of a 5K and felt really good about it. Landed a cool running skirt and just had a good time running in frigid temps! The hubbs went along to run too but for some reason he ran the full 5 miles after a few months of not running... I think he is still recovering from overdoing it.

And you wanna know the crazy thing? I think I like running! I wish I had figured that out at a earlier age! Running with a group that is on my level really helps me enjoy running. Each time we have ran I can see very small improvements in my endurance.

As for my weight - ugh I can see no friggin change but I do feel like my clothes are fitting better. Hopefully the rest will happen soon! I want to be a size 10 again this summer!

I know, patience grasshopper......

2 comments:

Lisa D. said...

yay! congrats!! i'm so glad you're having fun running. it's still too cold for me to go out and run, but when it warms up...i guess i'll warm back up to running. :)

laurie said...

I really am enjoying myself thus far. I think Saturday AM it was like 29F. The key is layers. I was weraing my normal running gear under a pair of sweats!

Related Posts with Thumbnails