Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Monday, February 22, 2010

inches, not pounds

I started this blog to loose weight right?

Well after a month of running I am down a pant size. Not a single pound. Just a pant size. Part of me is very happy with this change in size. The majority of me is seriously irritated that I have not lost a pound.

This article pretty well sums it up for me.

It looks like I need to focus on those inches and not those pounds. Discouraging but I guess I will get over it.

In other news I am still enjoying running. Come run with me some time!

1 comment:

Lisa D. said...

it's true though! think about it this way. in the very beginning of 2003 i was a size 12. i lost about 30 pounds over the course of the next year, until i was a size 2/4. i kep that weight off and stayed a 2/4 for several years. last year, i gained back about 15 pounds! but i am still a size 6(ish)......so that's good, right? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails