Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

moisture wicking, I am a believer.

On Saturday we experienced our first day of spring. Complete with 6 inches of snow. This runner got out in the snow and got in 2 miles in spite of herself.

The first mile or so wasn’t so bad I was wearing my moving comfort capris, a long sleeve running turtle neck, and my snozu running vest topped with the Navy issue smurfs (USN Navy Blue jogging suit) and a bright orange rain jacket as my top layer. On the run back I started to get warm, really warm. So I shed the rain jacket but kept running. Then splash. Puddle.

One thing I cannot stand is wet socks. Yuck.

But on I ran. I kept moving and to my astonishment my feet got dry! I had forgot I was running in my North Face socks. They are AWESOME!

In other news my lonely Saturday run has served to stoke my nerves. The rest of my running group stayed nestled in their beds. I was out there alone. Let me tell you running alone is not for me. It was so hard to keep moving and not walk. I have pretty much zero self motivation. I have always suspected this to be the case and Saturday it was proven for sure.


As I have said all along my goal is to run the Remember the 10 5K on April 17. my group will be running the Grace Race that week or the OKC Memorial the following week. I will be ALONE! I have no doubt that I will finish. My big fear is that my time will worsen with out my fellow runners to encourage me along the course. I cant tell you just how valuable the little comments of “come on Laurie” count for when you feel physically spent.

Hopefully as my running experience increases I will not need these little pushes as much but for now they make all the difference in the world.

I hope training is going well for my readers and that you are finding new ways to challenge yourselves. For my seasoned runners did you ever feel as I do now? Do you have any advise or words of encouragement?

1 comment:

Laura said...

Good for you for getting out there!
For the races you run "alone" use the other runners as motivation.

Related Posts with Thumbnails