Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

And we're walking, and we're walking...


Last night I walked 1.67 miles. The majority of the time I was in the second place spot in the slow group (not that this is a race). Toward the end two women 'passed' me. I am pleased that I am seeing improvement in stamina even at this early of a stage. Our Group leader Coach Kathy offered for me to move into the run / walkers but I am not ready for that yet. Toward the end I got a little pain in my side, but it passed and I kept moving, breathing, and walking. I am a little peeved at a few music groups for having high energy tunes with odd syncopation's. Cant really get a good rhythm with them.

Our walk last night was after dusk. After that I have a intense urge to dress myself like the Tron people. Overall I am feeling pretty encouraged both in my health efforts and in life in general.

Pop over to this blog for evidence of my being there, *hint* look for the orange rain jacket.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails