Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

At last, fall weather!

So, yeah. The weather here in Green Country Oklahoma is at long last reflecting fall, and lucky me. I get sick.

Chills.

Headache.

Dizziness.

Fun stuff.



Still I got up, dressed for work, and packed my running bag. Off to the office I went. ‘Thinking it will pass’, or ‘I will run thru it’. Good intentions let me tell you. I have been patiently waiting for this weather all summer and had no intention of wasting a second of it.

My body however, had different plans.

While sitting at my desk I seemed to feel progressively worse. That all over full body tired made a appearance and the dizziness went from a level 2 to 6. In spite of my pushing the Emergen-C and Ginseng Tea I was not feeling any relief.

Ok, so at this point my run was likely not going to happen, it was only noon and I was resigning myself to this.

Giving up on a run is not ok with me but my body was allowing me little choice. Sometimes you just need the rest. No matter how badly you do not want it.

I wanted to be out there, and I wanted to be running. But by 2PM my day was done. I was dizzy, my head was pounding, and I was tired from my eyelids to my toenails. Running would not have been a good idea, at all.

I left the office early and went home and straight to bed. I left my bag under my desk fully intending to run Tuesday after work.

G (the hubby) made chicken noodle soup and convinced me to eat some – and then I was back to bed. Today I am feeling better. Not 100% and regrettably not ready to run just yet. So Thursday I should be back on schedule. (If not I am running any way.)

image taken from: loscuatroojos.com

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wise choice Laurie, I know a cold is going around and maybe you have that? Let your body focus all of its energy on healing right now so that way it will be happy and healthy for you when you can run again. I've taken a week off straight from workouts when sick and didn't suffer any consequences because of it. It's all good. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better! Definitely don't run while you're sick. :) You look great by the way (in your Facebook profile pic). :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails