Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

all kinds of learning and experimenting.

On Thursday Coach Kathy convinced us to slow our pace a bit. What happened when we did? Why, we ran a total of 2 miles - running the whole time. Not a walk-run hybrid, but a R-U-N. It was simply amazing!

Saturday I took Ruby along running nearly 3 miles entirely! There was a marked improvement in Ruby’s leash manners. We completed our first full 3.5 mile run with the assurance form Coach Kathy that every Saturday we will be adding a bit more to our runs. ZOMG - I guess I am now a full fledged runner. Who knew?

Today for my 3 mile Run I will be trying out all kinds of doodads and whizbangs:

After pining for a Garmin Forerunner and not having the cash to throw down a few fellow runners convinced me to try a less costly alternative. So tonight will be the maiden voyage for the nike + sport kit, in my ghetto shoe pouch (comprised of a piece of fabric and 7 safety pins) until the nifty silicone one I ordered off amazon (yes I ordered Orange, are you shocked?) comes in later this week.

Secondly I will be giving my Target Running Shorts a test drive. This will be my first time since I was a kid running in shorts. I did run in my Moving Comfort Running Skirt (sizes are pretty true to fit) last week, and it wasn't so bad, aside from a little thigh rubbing - of which I am not a fan. So this will be interesting.

My last secret weapon to test out today is Body Glide. Never used the stuff in my life, and likely would never have thought of it until it was too late had I not heard about the dreaded runners 'diaper rash' that led me on yet another obsessive researching bender. Evidently when running it is not at all uncommon for your skin to rub itself raw any where you have skin to skin contact (read : thighs) or any where tight elastic touches (read: sports bra). Since I am a firm believer in prevention and learning from others misfortunes I figured it was time to take the leap.

I hope to have some news on all the above mentioned items soon - and yes I did purchase all of these little critters, hope they work!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails