Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Going for the gold... well not really more like orange but still.



That's it I am making the commitment now. I have a goal. I will do this, if I start training now.

Me, a jogger or runner? HA! I think not. But I will be. "Oh yes. It will be mine." I think to myself in my best Waynes World voice.

I have been saying for years that I wanted to run the "Remember the 10 Run". I need to stop the talking and start the follow thru. I am still on a hunt for a good running bra. But I have a plan. It involves hitting Runners World or Ordering online. The walmart bra I got worked great, until a few washings then it started to shrink and smoosh.

So, with this being said, barring injury of obligation the third weekend of April you will find me in Stillwater running a 5K. Wish me luck. This will be a new and uncharted journey for me.


-------------------------------

Week 1: Walk 20 to 30 minutes.

Week 2: Alternate walking 3 minutes with running 30 to 60 seconds for a total of 20 to 25 minutes.

Week 3: Alternate walking 2 minutes with running 1 minute for 24 to 30 minutes total.

Week 4: Walk 1.5 minutes, run 1.5 minutes; walk 3 minutes, run 3 minutes. Repeat three times for 27 minutes total.

Week 5: Run 3 minutes, walk 1.5 minutes; run 5 minutes, walk 2.5 minutes; run 3 minutes, walk 1.5 minutes; run 5 minutes, walk 1.5 minutes; run 5 minutes, walk 2 minutes--for 30 minutes total.

Week 6: Two days this week, alternate running 5 minutes and walking 3 minutes for 30 minutes total. On day three, run 8 minutes and walk 5 minutes twice for 26 minutes total.

Week 7: On day one, run 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 8 minutes, walk 3 minutes, run 5 minutes--for 24 minutes total. On days two and three, run 10 minutes, walk 3, run 10 for 23 total.

Week 8: Run 25 minutes.

Week 9: Run 28 minutes.

Week 10: On day one, run 30 minutes. On day two, run 31. On day three, run 5K.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails