Why?

In the past ten years I have been up (240) and down (135) the scale time and again. This time I am on the 'up' side of the scale. I want to loose the weight. I figure the humiliation of putting this on the internet and the friends that I have told of this to hold me accountable just might make this happen. It is going to take a lot of encouragement and support. Not to mention the hard work on my part. Follow my struggle here.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hitting 'that point' in the diet.

If you have ever dieted you know what I am talking about, if you haven't well - lucky you and go away now.

By 'that point' I mean the point when you have been faithfully counting calories, working out, weighing yourself, and by all intensive purposes doing everything right.It has been 2 weeks, by now you should have seen some reprieve in weight and clothing fit right?

But, you don't. All that hard work, for what? All that time depriving yourself of goodies you want. You feel like you are no closer to where you were when you started. Nothing is working. Why bother... but you convince yourself not to give up - keep plugging on. Then what happens a friend surprises you with a sausage cheese biscuit and the diet is shot for the day. You try. Low cal lunch. Minimal snacks. But it is done in one fell swoop of a 590 calorie breakfast sandwich. All that is left is to get up the next day and try again. All the while wondering is this going to work, is this really worth it?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails